I am back at blogging! My daughter arrived in May. She was late and arrived in a rather scary fashion. After a week and a half in the NICU, she came home with us. It took some adjusting, so I just forgot about the blog. Now I am back! I am also looking to simplify my home and life again. The amount of "baby stuff" is overwhelming! Recently, I have been looking at the house and thinking that I could definitely go through it again and purge. Minimalism is a process for my husband and I. We just keep scaling back more and more.
I have decided to take part in "High Five for Fridays" as done on Lauren Elizabeth's blog.
The idea is to list five good things about your week! So here goes!
1) A few "free" hours to tackle my garden. My Mom graciously agreed to watch my daughter (almost 3 months old!) while she had her afternoon nap so that I could finally get into my garden. I planted my garden in a futile attempt to bring on labour at 40 weeks. I haven't touched it since. It was chock full of weeds, which I yanked out with fervor. I got to see the fruits (er... vegetables?) of my labour. I have onions, green beans and potatoes to my heart's content. I also have flowers to enjoy over the rest of the season. It felt so good to get rid of those weeds! I was cursing them every time I walked by the window.
2) Camping! We enjoyed a wonderful weekend of camping with my husband's family! It was a ton of fun! I really enjoyed seeing everyone with our baby girl. It is nice to know that she is surrounded by people who love her.
3) Our new fridge. My husband and I purchased a new fridge. We love it! Our old one wasn't big enough. We have company quite often so it will be nice to have the extra space!
4) Baby girl smiles! I love it when Miss. E smiles up at me. It is seriously good for the soul. Miss E. is becoming more and more animated as she gets older. She is pretty free with the smiles these days and I can't get enough.
5) Time with my hubby. My hubby has been very busy at work the last few months and has been getting home pretty late. He had a few extra days off this week and it was awesome to spend time with him! He is wonderful with Miss E. and I don't mind being off of diaper duty from time to time.
Have a wonderful weekend!