Thursday, 24 December 2020
Tuesday, 22 December 2020
I am sharing the last few outfit pictures that I took of my Fall Capsule Wardrobe. I have moved on to my next wardrobe plan and I am working on sorting out the wardrobe before I share it with you next week. I am toying with the idea of a uniform instead of an entire wardrobe. I will still include a few options outside of the 'uniform', but since most days I am at home with my kids, with the exception of grocery runs, a uniform makes sense at this point of life during a pandemic.
I enjoyed my Fall Capsule Wardrobe, but as the weather became colder and COVID-19 cases have risen we have mostly stuck close to home and I stopped utilizing my wardrobe fully.
Monday, 21 December 2020
Hello Everyone! I haven't been on the blog in such a long time, but it feels good to be back and writing. I thought I would give you a quick life update.
- I finished my first semester of school. I was looking for a career change and decided to go for it. My school was the victim of a cyber attack, however so my ability to register for a second semester is up in the air. Ugh.
- My youngest is potty trained. Wow. My oldest child was a nightmare to potty train (which was more of a problem with how I did it, I think) so I was bracing for the worst. My youngest has done really well, so it has been a pleasant surprise.
- My oldest is now on winter break from virtual schooling. Her teacher has been wonderful and has somehow managed to keep the kids feeling connected and enthusiastic about learning. We are very lucky to have her.
- My husband's job change has allowed more time at home lately and I am thankful for that. It is wonderful to have him around. He is a great cook and made us turkey dinner on the weekend. It was so delicious.
- I have almost completed my 82 workouts to finish off 2020. My workouts are integral for me to maintain my mental health. I set up a workout spot downstairs and it has become such a great space to have.
Wednesday, 7 October 2020
Thursday, 1 October 2020
Wow! It has definitely been a while since I have written on here. This year has felt so strange with the pandemic. We have made some big life adjustments due to the pandemic and, as always, my blog hit the back burner. I am back today with my capsule wardrobe!
This season's capsule wardrobe consists of some new (to me) pieces. I made some purchases through ThredUp. ThredUp has only recently become available in Canada and I was so excited to give it a try. I ordered several pieces. All of my items look brand new and they all fit! I was really happy with my shopping experience. My capsule wardrobe will also include a sweatshirt from my favourite podcast's merch store. It hasn't arrived yet, so it is not pictured.
My wardrobe contains 36 pieces. I no longer count footwear or outerwear in my wardrobes because I change those up according to the weather that we are experiencing.
There are 21 tops in my Fall Capsule Wardrobe.
7 sweatshirts (1 is missing from this photo):
Thursday, 23 July 2020
- I purchased the course "The White Families' Guide to Talking About Racism" from Education With An Apron. I have been working through the course with my 6 year old.
- We have purchased books that center BIPOC characters, written by BIPOC authors. We have been working to diversify our book shelf. We have a limited budget but we will keep adding to our bookshelf. I have found wonderful recommendations from the following accounts on Instagram:
- Our toy 'community' is now much more reflective of the world around us and includes dolls from of different races
- Rachel Cargle I have become a patron on Patreon for Rachel's work and I am learning from the resources she provides there and on her website.
- Ibram X. Kendi has a must-read book called How To Be An Antiracist
- Jaris is an Indigenous Pharmacy professor in Saskatchewan who has great posts regarding racism and the work that Canadians need to do.
- Austin Channing Brown wrote a must-read booked called I'm Still Here.
Wednesday, 22 July 2020
Monday, 13 July 2020
- no social media
- no games on our phones or laptops
- no podcasts
- no email
- no internet browsing
- no blogging
Wednesday, 8 July 2020
Wednesday, 17 June 2020
I am so glad to be in my summer wardrobe. My spring clothes were getting to be much too warm for the weather. I spend most of my days chasing kids, doing housework and gardening. My wardrobe has to be comfortable and easy to work in. So far this wardrobe has worked beautifully.