I love the fresh start of a New Year. It is always a nice time to reflect on the past year and look for ways to improve in the coming year.
This year I made a few resolutions. I love making resolutions and I am usually pretty good at sticking with them. This year I divided my resolutions into categories. Here they are:
- Finish the KonMari Method by Marie Kondo by June 30/2016. I am so excited to really clear out my belongings and hopefully achieve my goal of minimalism.
- Continue to develop a personal relationship with God through my prayer life.
- Take a family trip.
- Build up our savings account.
- Post on the blog 2 times a week. Re-evaluate in June/July and see if adding an extra post per week is possible.
- Post to Instagram 3 times a week. My Instagram account is my favourite form of social media and I am slowly gaining followers.
- Go on a date night once a month!
I am very excited for 2016. I feel like it will be a fun year. My goals are manageable and I am eager to get started! I also chose a word for my year. My word for the year is PEACEFUL. This world can feel so chaotic and ill-mannered. It is easy to get caught up in the things that are going wrong in our lives, our communities and our world. I want to help add to the peace in my life and the lives of those around me. I do not wish to add to the chaos. I want to choose kindness and be slow to anger. I have been really focusing on trusting God in my prayer life and it has given me a great sense of peace. I will continue to work towards a peaceful life for myself and those around me.
Do you have any goals/resolutions for 2016? I would love to hear about them!