1. Grow Something There is nothing quite like nurturing a plant and watching it grow before your very eyes. I have many plants and I love it. If you are just starting out a simple flower or herb may be a good way to start. Try to choose something hardy that won't mind if you forget about it from time to time.
2. Backyard Pool or Sprinkler Nothing fancy here. Just a plastic pool with some water or a sprinkler for the kids (and adults!) to run through. This screams summer to me. Some of my favourite memories from my childhood summers involve running through the water with my brother.
3. Enjoy a frozen treat This also screams summer to me. We like to eat pospicles, freezies and ice cream outside at the park or on the patio. Nothing like a dripping treat in the hot sunshine. (And the added plus of less clean up because you are outside.) Bonus points if you make your own!
4. Blow bubbles I have a fascination with bubbles. I think that they are beautiful to watch. My kids love to chase them and attempt to catch them. Summer time is bubble time.
5. Nature Walks I think that nature walks are important all year round. Nature is calming and so gorgeous. I really like bird watching with my kiddos in the summer. There are so many birds in our yard that only come for spring and summer. Animals in general are much more active in the summer and there is so much to see.
How do you like to spend your time in the summer? Do you have any simple past times that you like to enjoy? Have a great weekend, friends!