My goal with this is to clear clutter and wipe down the room. I neglect my baseboards throughout the year so I am trying hard to wipe them all down.
I started in my living room when we took our decorations down. I removed items that didn't belong, and put away the objects that did. I cleaned the floors, baseboards, mantle, shelves, and other furniture. Hubby got all the dust bunnies out from under the couch. (A team effort always helps!) I wiped down the ceiling fan.
- wash throw blankets
- wipe baseboards
- wipe light fixtures and lamps
- dust all furniture
- clean under all area rugs and furniture
- sort through media equipment and entertainment- donate anything that no longer serves your family
KITCHEN AND DINING ROOM
The next room on my list was the kitchen and dining room. I went through my pantry and got rid of any outdated food (there wasn't much!). I wiped all the shelves and put things back neatly. I washed down my coffee station, wiped baseboards and the light fixture/ceiling fans. The kitchen cabinets and counter were all scrubbed and the inside of the cupboards were wiped/organized. I still need to clean the oven and the fridge but I plan to complete that after my daughter's birthday party this weekend.
- wipe down all counters and surfaces
- dust the tops of the cupboards
- wash baseboards
- wash cabinet doors
- scour sink
- go through each cupboard- donate items that you no longer use
- go through fridge. Get rid of outdated food and wipe all surfaces
- go through pantry. Get rid of outdated food and wipe all surfaces
- clean dishwasher
- clean oven/stove
- deep clean your coffee maker
- empty your toaster's crumb tray
Are you tackling home projects this year? Do you do a deep clean of your home regularly?